The chances of success will depend on a number of factors. These include your age, your hormone levels and general level of fertility as well as your husband’s semen characteristics and other factors like the equipment used, doctors’ experience and choice of medication. So it is really misleading to quote a success statistics in general or based on just your age. However, the age based statistics we publish on our website more or less provide an idea of what you will be looking at. However, your individual hormone profile and your ovarian reserves are the most important determinant of how likely you are to achieve success. Patients up till mid-30s usually have a very good chance of getting pregnant on the first attempt as long as they have an ovarian reserve and a hormone profile in line with their age. Above the age of 35, the level of fertility declines and the chances of success start to diminish. In some cases, when we are able to obtain
a good count and quality of eggs, we end up having multiple embryos and if there are more embryos than required for the given transfer cycle, we are able to preserve the ones that will not be used in the current cycle. This gives you a chance to use these preserved embryos at a future date without having to go through the entire treatment again. Should your current cycle fail, the preserved embryos will give you a chance to have another go. In the case your current cycle is successful, the preserved embryos will give you a chance to have a sibling for your child in the future.
Availability of Low-Cost IVF Packages in Turkey
Ask the couples who have benefitted from the attractive IVF treatment packages in Turkey. The global marketplace has allowed clients to get good deals at low prices, regardless of geography. In the UK, IVF depends largely on local trust policies, and the NHS recommends eligible couples receive up to three cycles only.
Meanwhile, couples from countries like Lebanon, other parts of the Middle East Romania, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, other East European countries, and North Africa may find that some cultural similarities of Turkey provide peace of mind when they too, are looking for cheap IVF treatment packages. Besides low cost of IVF in Istanbul Turkey, choosing to get treated there will give intending parents from the aforementioned regions a chance to truncate their travel expenses and time.
Fortunately, In Vitro Turkey has done all the homework in networking with the leading IVF centers and in making known discount IVF packages in Istanbul, Turkey to interested parties on the Internet. The beauty of the web is that it enlightens infertile couples with awareness of low-cost IVF, and possibly allows them to keep hefty amounts of funds from leaving the wallet over this emotional medical need.
People may usually get amazed at the amount they can save when undergoing IVF treatment in Turkey. A Turkey IVF package cost can be considerably less than private IVF treatments offered in Western countries, and this is after including travel, accommodation and miscellaneous costs. Prohibitive cost is the major reason couples put off IVF services. And it turns out that discount IVF packages can generally provide the cost-saving benefit, convincing infertile partners to come in numbers, through the years, to IVF hospitals in Istanbul Turkey.
Need for Cheap IVF Treatment Packages
- According to the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), one in six couples worldwide experienced infertility problems in 2010.
- The HFEA and the Human Reproduction Journal respectively report that the number of fertility treatments such as IVF, have been increasing in demand in the UK and US.
- Although assisted reproductive treatments are in demand, not all couples seeking such aid can afford costly IVF services.
- IVF treatment packages in Turkey provide an alternative to infertile couples seeking affordable IVF treatments that do not compromise on medical quality and expertise.
Who Should Consider IVF Treatment Packages in Istanbul, Turkey?
- If you have been recommended for IVF treatment by a gynecologist and would like to find a lower cost option.
- If you’re frustrated to be on a waiting list.
- Our clinic is established by Dr.Selman Laçin who has experience in IVF for years. We are a moderate sized clinic, where you can find great comfort and a warm doctor-patient relationship.
- Our clinic, like many other clinics in Istanbul, use the latest technology with affordable prices. Please check our price list.
- We care about our patients. We offer patients different programs where they can try many cycles if necessary. We believe that the success of a particular clinic is not “the pregnancy rate per treatment cycle”. The true success rate is getting pregnant with the help of our staff even after a few trials if necessary. We offer patients great support and package programs to help them through as many cycles as it takes to get pregnant. We offer poor responder patients who have obviously low pregnancy chance, 3-5 cycles with affordable prices. They need frequent IVF trials since their chances will be even lower in time. Therefore if they choose to continue with oocyte donation programs, they can still afford it after our convenient package programs.
- We offer help during their stay in Istanbul with respect to accomodation, leisure and even holiday planning. A lot of patients like to go and visit other touristic areas in Istanbul or nearby cities. We can arrange ovulation induction follow-ups (blood tests, ultrasonography) in the cities you like to visit and you can come back to Istanbul for ooycte pickup etc.
- We offer our patients two options for IVF follow-up:
First option is to be in Istanbul at the beginning of menstrual cycle. The whole treatment takes about 15-18 days.
The second option is to spend as much time as possible in your home. As many of you already know that the ovulation induction part of an IVF treatment cycle takes the longest time. This time can be spent in your home town if your local doctor is willing to do ultrasonography and communicate with us. Especially after an initial consultation (we strongly recommend this to our patients), we can tune the induction regimen remotely. Therefore, you will be in Istanbul for only 2-5 days depending on the number of oocytes, the embryo culture period, the tests on embryos if needed (PGD, genetic tests etc).
You are not alone — it is common for couples to seek help and advice if they are having difficulty conceiving. Infertility cannot always be explained, however there are sometimes reasons why couples find it difficult to become pregnant.
Fertility treatment is an intensive process that requires sensitivity and an understanding of the physical and emotional aspects of every patient’s journey. With the help of our elite fertility specialists, we can introduce you to advanced treatment options, which can in many cases bring light on your journey to parenthood.
In women, fertility problems can be —
- Age: a crucial factor in female fertility as the biological clock limits the ability to conceive. Women start to become less fertile when they are in their 30s and female fertility declines dramatically when women reach their 40s.
- Hormone problems: an imbalance in the hormones that regulate egg production and ovulation can mean that eggs are not produced, released or do not develop properly each month.
- Problems with the fallopian tubes: these lead from the ovaries to the womb and if they are blocked, scarred or damaged in any way, it can stop the egg travelling along them preventing it from meeting the sperm. Damage can be caused by infection or scar tissue.
- Endometriosis: a condition where tissue similar to the womb lining starts growing elsewhere around the reproductive organs.
- Polysystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): where there are undeveloped follicles (or cysts) just under the surface of the ovaries that can disrupt ovulation.
- Premature Menopause or Premature Ovarian Failure (POF): where the ovaries stop functioning many years before they should. This can be caused by chemotherapy or radiotherapy for the treatment of any kind of cancer. POF may also occur in cases where genetic conditions are present such as hypoplastic atrophic ovaries or Turner syndrome.
In men, fertility problems can be —
- Azoospermia (no sperm) or Oligozoospermia (low sperm count)
- A blockage in the testes: Where sperm cannot be transported to the penis for ejaculation.
- Retrograde ejaculation: A condition in which semen is ejaculated into the bladder rather than out through the urethra because the bladder sphincter does not close during ejaculation.
- Varicoceles: A varicocele is the enlargement of the internal spermatic veins that drain blood from the testicle to the abdomen (back to the heart). A varicocele develops when the one way valves in these spermatic veins are damaged causing an abnormal back flow of blood from the abdomen into the scrotum creating a hostile environment for sperm development. Varicocoeles may cause reduced sperm count and abnormal sperm morphology which cause infertility.
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is beneficial for all couples, however it is significant for those where fertilizatıon may be difficult, even when IVF procedures are used.
For example, couples dealing with male infertility factors such as — low sperm count, poor motility or movement of the sperm, poor sperm quality, trapped spermatozoa or if the sperm lacks the ability to penetrate the egg membrane.
At Medicana IVF, the ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) procedure is carried out as standard as part of all our IVF treatmentsto ensure fertilization.
ICSI Treatment Process
Step 1 Sperm Retrieval
The male partner is asked to provide a sperm sample by masturbation in a quiet, private room. In cases of azoospermia, the sperm is retrieved either from the epididymis from the testes (TESE).
Step 2 Sperm Preparation
Following careful sperm preparation, the best quality spermatozoon is chosen for injection into the oocyte (egg).An electronic micromanipulator connected with an inverted microscope is used for this method.
Step 3 Fertilization
The oocyte is immobilized and with the use of an ICSI micropipette the spermatozoon is injected within the cytoplasm of the oocyte through the zona pellucida (membrane surrounding the egg). Once the ICSI micropipette is removed and the spermatozoon successfully placed within the egg, the zona pellucida seals back and the egg closes resuming its original shape.
The fertilized oocytes are observed to determine normal division and growth until the day of embryo transfer.
For more information regarding any of the programs at Medicana IVF Center, please feel free to contact us.
What is PGD ?
PGD is a technique used throughout IVF-ET, wherever embryos square measure tested for malady genes and solely healthy embryos square measure transferred into a female internal reproductive organ.
PGD – however may be a diagnosing created ?
Embryos square measure obtained by combining eggs and sperm cell within the laboratory. From every embryo, one or 2 blastomeres are removed and tested. If the embryo is judged to be freed from the disorder, are transferred to the cavum.
What square measure the indications for PGD ?
Indications for PGD square measure –
Advanced maternal age ( > thirty nine years)
Repeated IVF/ICSI –ET failure cycles
Unexplained physiological condition
Known genetic causes.
What does PGD/PGS involve?
All couples requesting PGD must first undergo an IVF cycle to stimulate the ovaries to produce a number of eggs. These eggs are collected and fertilised using the male partner’s sperm. The resulting embryos are cultured in the laboratory. Embryo biopsy can be performed either on Day 3 or Day 5 after egg collection. Embryos that have developed to at least 5-6 cells are suitable for biopsy. A hole is drilled in the outer shell of the embryo using laser and 1 or 2 cells are removed for genetic analysis. This procedure which is done at the 3rd day gives us the chance of having fresh transfer on the 4th or 5th day. The embryos are kept in culture while the testing of the biopsied cells proceeds. Genetic test results are usually obtained within 24 hours of embryo biopsy. Our embryologists will discuss the PGD results with the couple at the completion of testing. When available, one or two unaffected embryos can be transferred on Day 4 or Day 5. When a number of embryos are identified as being genetically suitable for transfer, morphological criteria are used to determine the best embryo/s for transfer. Surplus unaffected embryos will be grown in culture to Day 5 or Day 6. If they reach an appropriate stage of development (ie: form a good quality blastocyst) they will be frozen. These embryos may be used in a subsequent IVF cycle if the couple do not achieve a pregnancy with the fresh embryo/s. Embryos that are affected or have a chromosome abnormality are discarded.
However, For the last two years, we prefer performing PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening ) procedures ( not targeting a specific disease ) at the 5th day instead of the 3rd day. We wait until the 5th day after the egg collection to choose the best ones and make the embryo biopsy from the trophectoderm cells instead of the embryo itself. So, the risk of damaging the embryo becomes virtually zero ( which was estimated to be around 5 % with the Day 3 biopsy) and also the number of the embryos to be screened decreases causing a lower cost. We use NG-CGH (Next Generation Comparative Genomic Hybridization ) technology to check all ( 24 pair ) the chromosomes of the embryos for screening purposes such as advanced maternal age or repeated implantation failures.
A debatable disadvantage about this procedure ( Day 5 biopsy ) is that we should freeze the embryos since the results will be available in 24 to 36 hours which can be too late for the fresh transfer. The only problem is that couples come to our centre again in two or three months for only a few days for the transfer of the healthy embryos found. Besides, our statistics shows that the pregnancy rates are exactly the same as the fresh ones. Furthermore, some recent studies reveals that transferring the frozen embryos may give even higher implantation rates since ovarian stimulation with high dosage of hormones may impair the endometrial receptivity. It is very easy to have frozen embryo transfer. Otherwise, transfer is cancelled. But we think that this is much better than realising the baby is not healthy during the pregnancy with a probable miscarriage..
Assisted hatching may be a scientific technique utilized in In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) that will improve the implantation of embryos into a woman’s female internal reproductive organ lining by making an opening through that the embryonic cells will hatch out. physiological condition cannot occur unless the embryo hatches.
Just before embryo implantation, the developing embryo should “hatch” out of its outer shell (zona pellucida). Some embryos appear to possess a thicker shell that will decrease their ability to hatch, and thus scale back the chance that they’ll implant. this could result to the age of the girl or different, unknown reasons.
The unfertilized egg (oocyte) is enclosed by the zona membrane. The zona ensures that just one spermatozoon enters and fertilises the egg. once fertilisation, the embryo begins to cleave into a two-cell, then a four-cell and then on. it’s at this early cleavage stage that motor-assisted hatching is performed on embryos.
It has been shown that ladies older than thirty seven years older have a bent to supply oocytes with a tougher and/or thicker zona than younger ladies. constant applies to women with a high level of follicle Stimulating secretion (FSH).
The problem of a tougher zona is that the embryo might not hatch and therefore not attach to the woman’s uterus. Hatching of the embryo is critical to attain physiological condition. it’s been reportable that up to seventy fifth of traditional embryos could ne’er hatch. Laboratory procedures concerned in IVF could raise the hardening of the bodily structure, because the embryo isn’t frequently exposed to the enzymes gift within the natural atmosphere of the fallopian tubes.
There is conjointly proof to recommend that the method of cooling and thawing embryos could cause the bodily structure to harden, and exploitation assisted hatching is helpful.
Embryo Transfer (placement of an embryo into the uterus of a female) is the last and one of the most important steps in Artificial Insemination. From the Egg Collection procedure until the last stage (Embryo Transfer) – Embryo Laboratory is ensures optimal conditions and environment for development of the embryo. After Embryo Transfer it depends only on the embryo and its ability to attach to the uterus of the female. Currently, with the new EmbryoGlue-technique it is possible to help the embryo implant in the uterus.
EmbryoGlue – is a specially designed medium for usage in embryo transfer which improves implantation ability of the embryo. This medium is rich with hyaluronic acid, carbohydrates and amino acids, which when applied together work as a binding agent at the moment of embryo implantation in the uterus. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the human body. Scientific research show that at the moment of embryo implantation the level of hyaluronic acid is very high, and this can help the embryo to become implanted better.
Raised level of hyaluronic acid in the EmbryoGlue medium (in which the embryo is placed before the transfer) improves the ability of the embryo to get attached in the uterus of the female.
ICSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is defined as a single sperm injection into the cytoplasm of an egg. The technique requires a single sperm with the best morphology and motility to be injected into the cytoplasm of an egg. Until now, visual evaluation of a single sperm has been the only available method for choosing the best sperm cell for egg insemination. Embryologists often have to deal with immature sperm cells. Such effects from these cells are evaluated at the same time during embryo development. Sperm cells with good morphology and motility may have other defects and may not be suitable for visual evaluation, etc. – DNA fragmentation, late development. Those defects affect the quality and development of the embryo as well as the possibility of miscarriage.
Using the latest PICSI technique (injection of the physiologically best sperm cell into the cytoplasm of an egg) it is possible to select sperm cells without visible defects. This method improves the selection of sperm cells by up to 98%. In this technique, sperm cells are placed into hyaluronic acid which will attach to mature sperm cells. Only completely mature sperm cells which have reached the last stage of spermatogenesis have developed attachment receptors for hyaluronic acid. Immature sperm cells have high DNA fragmentation, aneuploidy (abnormal number of chromosomes) and immature cytoplasms. Using the latest PICSI technique will increase the possibility of getting a successful pregnancy.
- You can contact us by filling in the Patient Information Form on our website email@example.com sending an e-mail to our e-mail address, visiting our office 6 days a week between 09am-5 pm or calling our call center . Please dial +90 212 867 79 38 contact us.
- Those patients who would like to contact us but cannot come to our office for various reasons can ask for an appointment at home by getting in touch with us via e-mail or a phone call. Our medical consultant will visit you within the shortest time possible and at a time that suits you and gives you relevant information.
- If the patients who have applied to us for an IVF treatment can provide us with a recent report, then our experienced academic-oriented physicians in our hospitals in Turkey will make a diagnosis within 24 hours at the latest and prepare a treatment plan.
- All the reports submitted to our institution are under the protection of patient confidentiality and only shared with the physicians of the relevant branch. All medical reports, information and visuals are under our legal assurance with the patient’s consent.
- We ensure that patients contact our physicians and get consultancy services about the issues related to their operations.
- Upon patient request, our related branch physician can call you or you can have a one-on-one video conference with your physician in our medicana office.
- Treatment plans and consultancy services are provided FREE OF CHARGE and relevant organizational planning is carried out in accordance with the patient’s decision.
- If you prefer to be treated in Turkey, then we send you your personal program card by e-mail or by post. Your program card is the information form that includes detailed information about the therapy that you will get, transfers and the organization made for you in Turkey for every single day and hour.
- If the patient is covered under insurance, then the planned treatment plan is initiated and managed by our international patient specialists upon receipt of approval. Our international patient center specialists report to the Marketing and Operations Director in medicana, based in the Europe headquarters of the Medicana Hospitals Group
- Upon your consent, your family physician/ specialist physician is provided information in writing with respect to your treatment in the Medicana Health Group hospitals.
2. Coming to Turkey
- If there is no emergency situation, then the patient chooses the date and one of the hospitals in different cities and relevant travel and physician appointment organization is done.
- Patients are met at the airport and transferred to their hotel or hospital by our staff. They are provided information about the program during the travel.
- If patients come with their companions, then one or two people can stay at the hospital together with the patient free of charge. If there is no need for hospitalization, then our patient and accompanying people can stay in one of the contracted luxury hotels of their choice. If the whole family has to come, then it is possible to enjoy a comfortable stay in the residences that belong to our hospitals.
- Touristic trips or tours could also be organized upon patients’ or their relatives’ request.
- If patients stay in a hotel, then their transfer to the hospital is arranged based on their scheduled appointment. Our international patient center specialists accompany the patients coming from abroad at all times throughout the whole treatment process.
- The treatment and the process follow-up are carried out in a coordinated fashion by our medicana office during and after the treatment.
4. Departure from Turkey
- Patients are provided all reports and a medical summary of the treatment in both in Turkish and English before discharge.
- Upon patient request and consent, a medical summary of the treatment provided in our hospitals is shared with the family physicians/ specialist physician
- Transfer of patients from their hotels or our hospitals on the planned departure date after discharge is organized and provided by our teams.
5. Post-Treatment Process
- Patients who have been treated and have returned to their countries are under the medicana assurance and they can call the hot line for 24/7 to get information and can get in touch with their own physician via e-mail, phone call or by visiting our office.
- If the patient has to go back to the hospital for a check, medicana helps with relevant travel arrangements.
- Our international patients enjoy the same treatment assurance of the Medicana Health Group thanks to its Europe headquarters medicana not only in Turkey but also in their home country.